Monday, June 13, 2011

Six Weeks and Counting.

Six weeks since I've visited you here, Bloggee. I should be ashamed of myself, I know. You were my very first social networking experience. We were hot weren't we? Posted a lot! I'll admit to tiny twinges of guilt, but nothing more. Even Twitter, your successor, with whom I tweeted endlessly, has been leaving messages in my IN BOX, probably worried about me, as I've hardly visited her universe either, lately. If it wasn't for the fact that I use my FB author's page to post consecutive chapters of "The Zedland Chronicles" every third day, I'd be a stranger in Facebook land, too. It's a good thing the novel has 98 chapters.

Just sayin'. 

The marriage between me and social networking is on the rocks, it seems. From Blog to Twitter to Facebook, I have lost the energy to fight for recognition, to gain thousands of friends, to become famous, and rich. It's all my fault, I'm sure: lame efforts, like the ones I made at bars when I was in college.
One can't keep giving without getting in return, so I have slacked off for self-preservation, which I remain good at.  So be it, I say. No more promises. I'll be back when it feels healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment