Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TRANCE TUESDAY -- VIII



Well . . . the third Tuesday of the month is here . . . and it's way too soon . . . I  thought I'd be fine . . . with only one hypnosis-related post due each month . . . but I find myself unprepared . . . Could it really be a month . . . since I posted the last Trance Tuesday? . . . I'm beginning to realize . . . why I could never work . . . in a normal capacity . . . with writing schedules and deadlines . . . They stop me in my tracks . . .

My muse is undisciplined . . . like my dogs . . . She disappears for weeks at a time . . . sometimes, months . . . doesn't come when I call . . . never has . . . Then she appears . . . suddenly . . . magically . . . in a puff of smoke . . . with words and ideas spilling out of every pore . . . until the room overflows with prose . . .

In the haze, she smiles . . . and sits on the piano seductively . . . as I gather the pieces of the puzzle . . . and attempt to arrange them . . . in an interesting and meaningful fashion    . . . She laughs . . . and I can't tell whether it's at me . . . or for me . . .                            But as ideas coalesce . . . and the syntax begins to sing . . . and the words quick-step into line . . . and the tenses begin to agree . . . and the passive voices have all headed to the gym to bulk up . . . I finally breathe deeply . . .

She waves goodbye . . . then slowly fades away.

Relax, read, reflect. Train your muse.
Sit, Muse. Stay. Good girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment