Wednesday, October 20, 2010

La-and of the free . . . and the home . . . of the . . . brave.

Not!
I'll start allowing the above refrain to instill me with pride once it's actually true.

Meanwhile, I'll wear my purple sneakers today [Oct. 20th, the official -- be who you want to be, wear purple day] in support of the beleaguered LGBT community, along with all other groups who experience bigotry, hatred, and bullying in this land of the pseudo-free and home of the not so brave.

Brave people acknowledge and accept differences, learn from them.

The bullies, bigots, and other hatemongers are the weak souls among us. They are the ones with the character disorders, and they represent a good portion of our population.

So, I'm holding off on waving the star-spangled banner, and will remain silent during the singing of the anthem, until there's no longer a need to designate a day to remind people to celebrate diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment