Thursday, January 6, 2011

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD II

It's All in Your Head, II
Charcoal on paper.
In 1976, for my 30th birthday, all my friends bought me art related gifts, a creative venue I had never dabbled in before -- brushes, charcoals, oil paints, water-colors, pencils, oil-crayons, easel, tablets, palette, etc.

It was a friendly conspiratorial attempt to re-motivate my creative urges -- woodcrafts -- writing -- photography -- music -- which had all been relegated to an obscure file hidden down deep in my hard drive due to a lengthy depression.

While my art work was sophomoric and dark, it worked to help me see the light. For three weeks, I was an artist, 24/7. I put out a bunch of work, used up all my supplies, but never pursued art again.

Threw a party for the conspirators.    





No comments:

Post a Comment