Thursday, January 20, 2011

NOSTALGIA


For an assortment of reasons, I haven't played a single round of golf in four years. It was once a passion of mine.

1. It could be that my occasional ideological conflict, regarding the elitist aspect of golf, began announcing its  presence more regularly (ever since my daughter changed her major to sociology)!
2. It could be that I was obsessed with golf but struggled to relate to other golfers.
3. It could be that the hard times have come a knockin' on my door.
4. It could be that I lost patience with the schmucks who throw their clubs into the water hazards, slam their putters into the greens, and cheat.
5. It could be the herniated disk (L5-S1) which will no longer allow me to smash 300 yard bombs down the middle. (See video)!

Damn, I didn't want to become one of those old-foggy golfers who take half-swings, hit it 150 yards, time after time, and play consistent boggy golf.

I liked to take risks, go for the par-5 greens in 2 etc.
I play ping-pong now!




No comments:

Post a Comment