Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just a Little Bloggee . . . On the Lone Prairie

I'll be the first to admit, mine is a very, very . . . plain author's blog. Check out some others, and see for yourself. They're colorful, filled with relevant links, on-point advice for writers, current and pertinent articles for writers, schedules of courses and seminars for writers, live forums for writers, interviews with successful writers, industry news, and advertisements aimed at writers: SELF-PUBLISH YOUR BOOK HERE! QUERY HELP THERE!
They are . . . mature, market-savvy, author web/blog sites each with their own url to boot. And there are loads of them.

I'm just a little Bloggee, still crawling around blogspot.com in my diapers, leaving trails of loose shit daily, just learning the language. And I need a lot of naps, so it will be a slow maturing process, years maybe, because I suck at marketing, and because I'm colicky, contentious and cynical, and resist joining the raging machine that is our system. I don't want to grow up. You grow up. Find your own links.

I mock those folks with the fancy author sites, but I can't fault them. They might succeed whereas I will likely fail. And anyway, I day-trade, so who am I to stick my nose in the air?

For all you constipated folks, drown your envy in FIBER, while I just keep shitting daily.
Write on.










No comments:

Post a Comment