Sunday, November 14, 2010

TWITTER ILLITERATE -- HELP!

Paula Poundstone just started following me on Twitter! WTF? For a split second, I got excited. Then I realized that she follows 24,437 tweeters. If each of the folks she follows tweeted only once a day, and it took only 5 seconds to read each tweet, that would amount to 122,185 seconds=2036 minutes=34 hours! So, I wonder how much of a staff she employs to handle her twitter account?

It seems clear that she has ulterior motives:
1. To steal one-liners from witty tweeters?
2. To artificially inflate her follower numbers?
3. She's undercover CIA?

In the final analysis, I better not hold my breath for a reply from Paula to any of my witty tweets, or for her to even retweet any of my one-liners to her followers. (That would be cool).

Also, I discovered that I have two people following me who have never tweeted, yet they each have hundreds of people following them!  Why? There is no info in their profiles beyond their user names. How can someone who has never tweeted and has no bio info garnish 348 followers? It seems clear that they have an ulterior motive:
1. The two of them are phony tweeters--CIA, FBI, Homeland Security-- eavesdropping on ex-radicals?
    The most radical thing I've done in the past 35 years is try pumpkin/rhubarb pie.

If anyone has an opinion regarding any of my concerns, would you please let me know. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment