Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TRANCE TUESDAY -- COVERT HYPNOSIS VIA ANALOG MARKING AND EMBEDDED COMMANDS

My invention consists of a uniquely designed top that processes energy into its angular momentum, by a process known as precession, when the player manipulates it on an acrylic board. As a result of skilled Top-no-sis play, the top keeps spinning vibrantly. Today, we will explore the concepts of analog marking and embedded commands that hypnotherapists use covertly.

I demonstrated my invention at the FAO SCHWARZ toy store for many years . . .

A group approaches my station . . .
"Hi, thanks for stopping by. I call this toy Top-no-sis, and I'm here today to demonstrate and sign it for you."

Twice now, I have typed the words by Topnosis today in bold, distinguishing them from the crowd. (I'm surprised you haven't stopped reading and gone directly to my website to make a purchase)!  This is called analog marking. It is an embedded command.

One can do it by speaking those words a bit louder than the others, but in the store, I launched the spinning top a foot above the board and caught it again, when I vocalized each of those three words, effectively marking them. And people would buy Topnosis today!

You'll notice, of course, that by and buy, though different in derivation and spelling, sound the same (homophones). To the unconscious mind they are the same. It's called phonological ambiguity.   

Recognizing and responding to embedded commands is an unconscious reaction.

Another example:
As a family approaches my station. I repeat the embedded command mentioned above. Then one of the customers asks how long it would take to learn how to play?

"Well, starting from scratch, hmm, who knows, perhaps a day."

Two out of the five people in the group scratch their nose.  The unconscious mind cannot distinguish between knows and nose.  Then, I focus my sales effort on those two people, the two who were most responsive to my embedded command. That, by the way, is how stage hypnotists choose the 'volunteers' who will be coming up on stage.
Analog marking!
Embedded commands!

And to debunk a common belief: It is intelligence, not weakness, that is correlated with suggestibility.  
Until next Tuesday, then . . . relax . . . deep breaths . . . visit often . . . comment.
Well, there you have it . . .
BOTTOM LINE!









2 comments:

  1. I know my kid loves the Top-nos-sis and is already popping it a foot in the air and landing it successfully again.

    The other stuff (phonological ambiguity), I suppose, is true too, but only if you think about it hard enough.

    Why is my nose itching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping he'd enjoy it and get good! Can he travel backwards(opposite the rotation)yet? The technique is radically different!
    A figure 8, for instance, requires both skills in order to maintain angular momentum, and if you do a backward circle using forward technique for too long, the top will decelerate.

    Tip: The LSX is resistant to traveling opposite its rotation so the player must be more dramatic in directing it. When done properly, the LSX will transfer the player's energy into its original direction of spin even when you force it to travel the opposite way.
    Good luck.
    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete