Wednesday, December 1, 2010

To beW Or Not To beW -- (I'm dyslexic(

That's the question I'm confronted with today.
I just got off the phone with a marketing consultant from Authorhouse. Suddenly, I'm grinding my teeth. (One giant huzzah for valiums)! HUZZAH!

She said I absolutely need an official author's website, among other things, to achieve recognition and have credibility.

Damn! I just got finished mocking official author websites just a few posts ago, not so subtly suggesting that my little bloggee here on blogspot.com will be just fine for me. Screw the raging machine, I said, oil it with your own wallets. But, oh, the conflict now. Opposing forces ripping and tearing at my ideology with no mercy. Shit.

Painfully, I watch it seeping out of small cracks in my foundation. Desperate, I try to seal the cracks with conviction. I WILL NOT OIL THE COGS OF THE RAGING MACHINE EVER AGAIN! I WILL NOT! I WILL NOT!
She whispers in my ear: Recognition! Credibility! Success! (starting at $400.00 plus $29.00 per month)
I WILL NOT!
(can anyone loan me $400?)



No comments:

Post a Comment